Self mastery is key for disciplne, growth, and progress. Easier said than done. Here’s a few pointers:
- Set BIG goals: When you challenge yourself to achieve increasingly bigger goals, you committ to the vision. The more invested you become, the harder it is to quit.
- Set CLEAR goals: Clearly define what your goal means to you and what you will specifically do to achieve it. Focus and refine you goals so they maintain prime relevancy and achievability. Don’t be afraid to add some additional challenges.
- Know that EVERYDAY matters: There are no days off. Any day that you aren’t making progress, you’re facing the wrong direction.
- Don’t ARGUE with the plan: Don’t allow yourself to negotiate away from the challenges. Be tough with yourself. No BS.
- Build a No-Matter-What mindset. No excuses. Get it done.
- PLAN a routine: Create a routine that becomes second nature, automatic, normal. This sense of normalcy will keep you on track and pull you back to center.
- COMMIT: Do it. Don’t accept anything short of success. And remember, underneath our biggest fears lie our biggest strengths.
Check out this video from Wes Watson and Bedros Keuilian and get their thoughs on self mastery and everything this can bring.